Monday, July 7, 2008

torpidity

Monday not only brought me blues; it brought me lethargy and more inertness. It isn't really a good start for me. Migraine seems here to stay for long today. It must have been the late night yesterday. I was preparing some stuff for Mr Wu (so as he knew already). But of course, it's gonna be a surprise. Hehe, don't try to trick me into telling me. You will not succeed, just like any other attempts. LOL.

I was abit reluctant to meet Wan Li and Angeline for dinner because I was not in the mood to socialise much today. Because it was arranged a week ago, I think it would not be nice to miss it. Besides, I haven't met them in ages. They were my group mates for MPW module in the university. LOL, the worst module ever; yet one of the few modules which I had project mates I enjoyed working with. We had dinner at Central, Clarke Quay and headed to TCC for some desserts. It was pretty sinful (again!) We ordered a Marble Cheesecake and some chocolate cake; accompanied by potato wedges with some cheese dip!

The Potato Wedges with Cheese Dip:


The Tiny Threesome
Anyway, I was glad I went to meet them because the dinner turned out to be an enjoyable and definitely an extremely delectable one. Hehe...
The start of BOSS bidding is giving everyone a headache; the trouble of planning modules and coordinating with friends has started again. I am happy to be freed from it. To be honest, I'm actually missing school a little. Though bidding for modules is something I never liked to go through when I was in university, I miss it. No more school for CarrouseL.

I have to look ahead to the start of my contract job at Barclays Capital Global Services on the 7th August. The green light has been given by the management at the bank and all I need to do for now is to sign the contract with them and the agency. For the pay I am getting, I wonder if I should be happy for myself. Well, some say that it is standard. Some say it is good enough. Some say that I should ask for more. I am mentally tired of finding out what I should be getting. My inferior negotiation skills will not put me in a good position to ask for more successfully. I am sure of that. Since the pay is not too shabby, I guess I shall just make do with it. Given the unfavorable job market condition now, I should count my blessings to be able to land myself a job.

I am in the mood to watch a horror flick! The Strangers! Still waiting for Mr Wu to bring me to go watch! It's been ages and ages since the last time I watched a horror movie. I am totally excited. Batman is coming out too; on the 17th. Because Mr Wu's childhood ambition is to be a Batman, he's dying to catch Batman. I will do the world a service by going with him to the cinema for Batman lah.

Besides watching movie, I am in the mood to shop too. *sighs
And it's time for CarrouseL to shop for office wear; instead of the usual casual apparels. Ever since I know I am going to start work and will be collecting some money in a few months' time, I've been planning to buy many big-ticket items.

Things like:

1) Digital Camera (either Casio or Fujifilm) ($450)
2) LG Black Label Series Secret ($400)
3) Coach Bag ($500)
4) Miu Miu Wallet ($350)

I think that'll be around, 1.7K. That is what I estimate. LOL. CarrouseL sure knows how to spend.



Posted by carrousel at 11:50 PM