Thursday, August 7, 2008
a barcap week
It's been a week since I started my job at Barcap. I'm starting to feel the stress now. Shunhao left for his London training program today. It also means that I'd need to learn as much as possible and take over his duties. Like I've mentioned, everyone knows me as Jeannie's sister in the office. I'm under a lot of pressure to perform well. I've no idea why; but I really feel pretty restrained in the office. It seems that every little movement of mine is being watched because everyone 'knows' me in a way.
The colleagues in my team are friendly and helpful. I have to admit that my mind tends to drift away to something else easily during the training. Seriously, I don't know why this happens often frequently. I just seemed to be in my own world most of the time and like to keep to myself lately. Even when I meet up with Mr Wu, I can be in a daze sometimes. Most of the time, I am thinking of work. When I am not thinking of work, I am just thinking of nothing. Just in a daze.
I might have a chance to move away from the confirmations team. That is if everything goes well. I shan't reveal where is it for now. If I am able to secure a permanent and even better position than this, why not? If I were to leave now, I guess I would feel really bad too. The team is in need of people and yet I'm thinking of moving to somewhere better. Still, the fact will remain that nobody is indispensable in Barcap. Perhaps this will make me feel better. Sometimes, I wonder if I am really suitable to work in a bank. Or even, am I suitable to do finance-related job? *Carrousel sighed*
It's already Thursday. The weekend is gonna be here soon. Something which myself and Mr Wu really look forward to. I guess the rest of the working class too.
Posted by carrousel at 2:12 AM