Wednesday, August 27, 2008
it's mid
Wednesday is here! We're in the middle of the week. If we're optimistic, it's already Wednesday! On the reverse, it's only Wednesday. I will pick the first. Recently, work hasn't been going very well for me. Yesterday, I made a blunder at work. The mistake could have well been severe. The value date for a trade was on the 25th, Monday. Well, I was on morning shift that day and that the counterparty was in New York. I couldn't have been able to call New York during my work because of the time difference. Nobody would have picked up my call anyway.
I guess the right to be done is that I should have called them up on Friday when I was on London shift. I sort of overlooked the value date. Luckily, everything was settled last night without much hassle. I really have to learn to think ahead alot when it comes to work. I was pretty perturbed by what happened yesterday. So screwed up right?
The office was unusually quiet yesterday. Everyone seemed to be so engrossed in their work. The normal small chats amongst the colleagues were not in place... and the atmosphere seemed a little bit more stern than usual.
A new girl joined the NDF team on Monday and she's only 19 years old! My goodness. She's so young. I'm pretty surprised why the bank hired her because she has just graduated from JC and she has no finance background. I believe she will have a hard time picking up. On the other hand, I am so jealous of her age. LOL. I wouldn't mind being 19 again. A strange arrangement is that, she will be in the Settlements team for the coming 2 weeks and thereafter she will join us on the London shift in the NDF team. When Shunhao returns from his training in London, it'll be more boisterous. There'll be more people in the team and hopefully things will be fun... But I predict that I'll have less things to do as well when Shunhao comes back.
Let's not talk about work anymore. Work just sucks.
Oh... dinner was fantastic last night! I met up with Yen, John, Rose, MH, MJ and Mr Wu for dinner at Lau Pat Sat yesterday. It was the last dinner with Yen and John since they will be flying off to Korea tonight. I'm so sorry I can't be there to send you guys off as much as I'd love to! I'll surely miss John's scandalous stories and the way we used to laugh at him. LOL. John, your ears will find peace soon. But I am sure u'll miss the 'noise' from us... esp from Rose. Hehe.... do take care of yourselves and enjoy in Korea!
I was glad that they agreed to drop by here to dine with me especially when Raffles place is such a boring place to eat at! Hehe....will be meeting Candy and Mer for dinner next Tues too. They will be coming by here as well. I look forward to meeting people for dinner because... I don't really dine with my colleagues. Colleagues are colleagues. There is a difference. Friends are people whom I enjoy being around with.
Colleagues may be your friends... but there is still a difference I feel. Even if they become your friends, you may still need to take extra caution against them because you work in the same place as them.
Posted by carrousel at 2:11 PM