Friday, September 26, 2008

where do i begin

Having scanned through financial times, channel news asia, bloomberg quickly, I am utterly brain-fried. I have no idea on which site I should begin reading the news in detail. Information overload! So much turmoil has happened in the financial industry. This is absolutely disturbing especially to those who are still looking around for employment opportunities. But question is, where do I begin? Another is, how should I do so with the big commotion in the banking industry? Against the backdrop of the current situation, the competition will only get more intense.

Stressed out by the threat of unemployment, I have not been sleeping well lately. Even though I sleep for long, sleep is usually bad. I've been having nightmares about work and the nightmares dragged my sleep on for longer than usual. Two days ago, I actually woke up at 1440. I was in shock when I turned to my mobile for the time. Thank god I was still on London shift. Perhaps the bad quality sleep has affected my emotions as well. I grow to be more short-tempered and irritable. I'd like to be in better control of my emotions... guess I'd have to begin by worrying less and eating more chocolates!

LOL. Believe it or not, chocolates provide you with instant happiness. I was really touched when Mr Wu bought me a double chocolate brownie yesterday because he remembered that I said to him that chocolates bring instant happiness. It was definitely a chocolaty day! DH bought me a warm chocolate cake from Coffee Bean as well. It is Mr Wu's duty to pamper me (LOL!) but as for DH, I gotta thank him here! Thank you, my best work partner! I will make sure you get drunk badly on your farewell night-out.

Oh well, it'll be my last day at NDF confirmations team today; the official end to London shift. I think I will miss the London shift to some extent. I love the idea of waking up late and for those who know me well, I'm definitely not a morning person. It has been a great experience to be on the London shift... for as at least I could see the working zombies around.

LOL. Hehe... my active imagination kicks in now... I am starting to imagine zombies working in the office. It sounds scary but I am actually giggling to the screen when I type this.


Posted by carrousel at 3:06 AM