Wednesday, February 17, 2010

do it

A terrible WEDNESDAY.

The only comforting times were during lunch with the girls and dinner with boyfriend.

I managed to get home before 10PM. It was earlier than I expected. I thought the conference call with New York would take an hour but it took 30 minutes instead.

And... I thought I could go home after the call but... I was told by the NYK trader to send an email drafting a recap of the details we discussed. That took me around 30 minutes, could have taken less than 30 minutes if not for some random questions posed by a control officer. Boo.

My manager left before 7pm and she called me shortly after she stepped away. She told me this, "Hey, I'm so sorry that I had to go first and I can't be with you during the call conference later." I treated her words as gibberish. I couldn't be bothered. Or rather, I am immune to her irresponsible character. I really would want to knock some sense into her if I have a choice... and tell her that ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I cross my fingers and hope that the NYK trader will help to resolve my breaks. which have been outstanding for more than 2 weeks already! Otherwise, the management is gonna start questioning me again. I think.... I've answered more questions than I asked ever since I took up this role. I get questions from manager, big boss, peers and many many more... Sometimes, you even wonder how people get to know you when you receive emails randomly. Maybe it's time I have to start learning to ask questions more, asking the right questions is the key to learning. That is one theory which I've established since I stepped into the working society.

CNY will be coming to an end soon. Sadly, number of red packets is quite pathetic this year. Well...it can help to cover my shopping expenses a little. I am so tempted to go shopping again... I just went yesterday and bought a pretty Zara dress! The price was a bit steep but as long as I like it, I think it's worth it. I told boyfriend that I am very tempted to get a classic design Prada bag... I think it costs more than 3K. Can't bear to part with so much money at one go....

Yeap, I really need to think about it.

Well..boyfriend said that if I am thinking so much about it, it shows that I don't really fancy the bag so much actually. Haha... I don't know if that's true or not. But I am thinking so much whether to get it or not is because it costs SO MUCH.

I look forward to a brighter day tomorrow.



Posted by carrousel at 10:29 PM