Friday, September 23, 2011
Time really passes so quickly when you're having fun!
It will be just another 4 days to go before I return to work. I suppose, I really had a good break. I feel recharged fully ... not for work but for more challenges in life perhaps.
I got to admit that 10% of my mind was still in office while I was on my break. Yeah, even when I was in Taipei. I must be crazy. But I just couldn't help thinking of work when I saw clients of Barclays on the streets. Even the name of a petrol station in Taipei linked my mind to work with its name "CPC". It is a jargon I use at work everyday. How ironic is that?
The trip was a little drama overall. Charlotte fell sick and suffered from bronchitis. Not sure if it was a regret to bring her along on the trip. Dad complained that the Taiwanese food was not to his liking. To some extent, I felt a little stressed out during the trip. I was the only one who planned the itinerary and it wasn't easy to coordinate everyone on the same page especially when we had a baby and an old fussy man on the road. It has always been my dream to travel with the whole family, it happened for the first time and actually I am not sure if it'd happen for the second?
I found it so hard to handle my dad and I am sure Mr Wu shares the same sentiment. Haha!
Thankfully, he was so accommodating towards my family and myself during the whole trip.
This trip was the first which I was away from home for the longest time. I spent a week in Taipei. Hmmm, I have to confess that I wouldn't really want to live or work in Taipei. The biggest push-away factor is its shopping I guess? LOL. I simply couldn't live with just shopping at the night markets instead of proper shops at malls. There's no Zara / Topshop / Selfridge and etc. Well, the last I saw on one of the advertisements in the mall was that Zara and Uniqlo are opening their first stores in Taipei. Great news for the shopaholics in Taipei!
Yeah, as you may have guessed it, I did not do a lot of shopping there. I was much happier with sight-seeing and observing the way people lead their lives at different parts of Taipei. In some sense, I feel lucky to be a Singaporean (not that I am extremely proud or happy to be one, just lucky)
I am glad that I am learning to appreciate what I have now. I suppose, in my opinion, you don't only go on trips to enjoy and relax yourself.. but also to get some exposure of the world outside for your own benefit.
I am not sure where I will head to for my next trip... but I know I will be happy and definitely looking forward to it because every trip brings new insights for me!
We thought about going to Seoul next year. Ah, we will see how. It's definitely time for me to save up and get some financial recovery from the Taipei trip first.
I need loads of self-control on shopping for the next month. Yikes!
Posted by carrousel at 11:23 PM